Five New Approaches to Asking For Referrals
Studies show that 87% of customers are willing to refer friends and peers to a particular business. However, only 11% of these customers are asked for referrals.
If you are not in the habit of asking for referrals, START NOW. If you are already in the habit of asking for referrals but have not had as much success as you’d like, trying changing your approach. We have found the following five approaches to be effective when asking for referrals.
Sometimes making small changes in what you are doing and how you are doing it makes all the difference.
The Five Approaches
- “Alan, the best part of my job is helping business owners fix their problems with ____________. If you were me, how would you find more of these kinds of business owners to work with?
- “Bill, 98% of my business is with repeat clients or the referrals the send to me. Which clients or vendors do you work with have expressed concern with their _________________?”
- “Susan, I noticed that you are connected with ___________ on LinkedIn. Do you know them well? They seem to be someone I would enjoy getting to know. Would you be comfortable introducing me?”
- “Rick, who are some of the other business owners that you would get advice or help from if you were having serious problems in your business?”
- Why is that?
- Have you mentioned the work you and I have done together with them?
- Would you be open to sharing some of your experiences that you have had with us with them?
- Are you OK finding out if they would be open to you introducing me to them?
- “Bethany, 98% of my business is with repeat clients or the referrals the send to me. We are expanding our reach into ___________ area and are willing to partner with 1 or 2 businesses that quality for our services. Who can you recommend to me in that area?
What if Those Don’t Help?
If after experimenting with some of these new approaches you still are not seeing the results you would like, there might be a bigger issue that needs to be addressed. If that is the case, I would refer you to PART TWO of this article. In it, I go over SEVEN STEPS FOR GENERATING MORE REFERRALS. These seven steps will help solve a lot of the problems that you might be encountering.
What Else Can I Do?
If after learning and implementing the Seven Steps for Generating More Referrals you are still not seeing the results you want, then there is most definitely a bigger issue that needs to be addressed. That is why I have developed the MaxValue Selling System. It is designed to training sales people and sales team how to make the transition from selling like a customer service clerk to performing more like an expert consulting. When sales teams learn the right type of selling skills and put them to work, they typically see a huge jump in their lead generation, their sales revenue and their client retention.
If you would like a FREE COPY of volume 1 of 4 of my NEW MaxValue Selling System eBook series, I am happy to email it to you. Just send an email to Support@HansenGroupCompany.com and my team will email it to you as soon as the first eBook rolls off the press. I hope you get some good use out of it and that it helps you create more value for your prospects, and that you close more deals in the process. Let me know how it is going for you.
Terry Hansen is a popular speaker, consultant, trainer, and author on helping sales teams improve their ability to create value for their prospects and clients. He is regularly asked to train sales and management teams in strategies to find more prospects, close more sales, and increase customer loyalty through value creation strategies. You can connect with Terry on LinkedIn, or get more information by visiting www.TerryHansen.net or calling 844-205-5054.